(For those who expect to stay longer than the visa was granted)
Due to limitations of the Immigration Department three months for a maximum time of entry, the need to extend or renew visas for those who want to stay longer with the reasons for visiting relatives, travelling, business and others.
It means you have to be issued the new stamp on your passport with the new durations on its, but it has maximum for 3 months by now.
It means you will have new length of stay in Vietnam and it has also maximum for 3 months.
How to extend my Vietnam visa?
There are some steps you need to follow to apply for Vietnam visa extension:
- Please send the scans of your passport containing the original visa and current visa to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org, then we will give you a detailed advice for your specific case and the service fee as well since the visa extension varies for each case.
- After getting the suggestions from our consultant staff, you are pleased to send your passport to our office here. If you are in Hanoi, we are pleased to come in person to pick up your passport at your address on your request.
- The service will take 5 – 7 working days to complete or 3 working days in rush processing, which you are requested to pay more US$30 to normal processing service fee
You can also visit the Vietnam Immigration Department directly to apply for your visa extension. However, to avoid wasting your time and confusion about visa extension procedures, we do recommend that you should use our service instead of applying by yourself. Here below are the address of Vietnam Immigration Department in Vietnam:
In Hanoi: 44 – 46, Tran Phu street, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi
In Danang: No. 7 Tran Quy Cap Street, Da Nang
In Ho Chi Minh City: 333-335-337 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam visa extension processing fee
The visa extension processing fee varies from your current Vietnam visa and type of expected visa extension.
+ 1 month single entry tourist visa, extended to more 1 month single entry: 150 USD, complete in 5 working days;
+ 3 month single entry tourist visa, extended to more 3 month single entry: 210 USD, complete in 5 working days;
+ 3 month multiple entry tourist visa, renewed to 3 month multiple entry: 320 USD, complete in 7 working days;
If you hold DN visa (business visa) currently and you would like to have it:
+ Extended to more 1 month single entry: 315 USD, complete in 7 working days;
+ Extended to more 3 months single entry: 345 USD, complete in 7 working days;
+ Renewed to 3 months multiple entry: 445 USD; complete in 7 working days
For urgent 3 working days processing, 70 USD will be added
For overstaying, you will pay more fine fees as follows:
+ 75 USD for less than 7 days overstaying;
+ 180 USD for more than 7 days overstaying;
+ 300 USD for less than 20 days overstaying and
+ 450 USD for less than 30 days overstaying
+ For more than 1 month overstaying, please contact us for details.
- We can assist you extending your visa if you are in Hanoi only. For other location, please contact the nearest travel agency for the help.
- As the process may take a whole week, you are advised to get your visa extended at least one week before its expiry date of your current visa
- For diplomatic, official visas, and the other visa are to be applied at your organization or business sponsor, or directly contact with Vietnam Immigration Department
- The Vietnam visa extension requires your original passport so that the extension certificate or renewed visa will be stamped onto the passport. That’s why it is a must that we have your original passport to get Vietnam visa extension for you.
- Please make sure that there are at least 2 blank facing visa pages in your passport.