Vietnam Immigration Department is the official organization granting your visa. In issuing Vietnam visa, all Embassies and Consulates abroad are to check with Vietnam Immigration Department before approving or issuing any Vietnam visa or other Vietnam Immigration related documents.
Vietnam Immigration Department is a functioning bureau belonging to Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security. Its powers and functions focus on supervising, approving, or disciplining Vietnamese citizens and foreigners’ immigration, migration to and from Vietnam. In brief, Vietnam Immigration Department is the official unit issuing the following documents:
For domestic Vietnamese
- Ordinary passport
- Confirmation of Identity card
- Permanent or temporary reside in other countries
For Vietnamese overseas and foreigners
- Vietnam visa, Vietnam visa extension, Vietnam visa renewal
- Vietnam visa approval letter, Vietnam visa approval code
- Vietnam temporary or permanent resident card
- Guarantee to immigrate in Vietnam
Currently there three offices of Vietnam Immigration in three main regions of the country: The North, the Central, and the South. Following is the detailed contact of these offices:
Vietnam Immigration Department (A18) in Hanoi
Address: 44-46, Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi Capital, Vietnam
Numbers for querying:
+ (84)438264026: about entry and exit Vietnam, residing of foreigners in Vietnam, repatriating of Vietnam citizens living abroad.
+ (84)438260922: about entry and exit of Vietnam citizens
+ (84)439345609: administration procedures
+ (84)438257941: about entry and exit at Vietnam borders and other related issues.
Vietnam Immigration Department (A18) in Danang
Address: No 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang city
Telephone: + (84)7511-3823383
Vietnam Immigration Department (A18) in Ho Chi Minh City
Address: 333-335-337, Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Telephone: + (84)838299398
Fax: + (84)838244075
How is VOA processed by the Vietnam Immigration Department?
– Step 1: The applicants make online visa application via licensed Vietnam visa agency
– Step 2: The Vietnam visa agency will submit the documents on behalf of their customers to the Vietnam Immigration for their visa approval
– Step 3: The customer’s data will be verified by the Vietnam Immigration Department. Once they are checked, the approval letter will be issued and returned to the Vietnam visa agency via official correspondence delivery
– Step 4: The Vietnam visa agency scans the approval letter in JPG or PDF format file and send to the applicants via email. Learn more about How Vietnam visa on arrival works?
Like other Vietnamese government organizations, the working hours in the Vietnam Immigration Department will start at 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM in the morning and 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM in the afternoon, from Monday through Friday, except the Vietnamese public holidays