The entry and exit form is an important document that you have to submit to the Immigration Officer when entering Vietnam. The old entry and exit form (M3 form) has been replaced by new one called NA1 form which is required of all foreign passengers arriving in Vietnam by air. The 2 pages of the new form will be handed out to you either on the airplane or when you arrive at a Vietnam airport. After you fill in the form, please return it to the immigration officer who will give you a stamp on your passport. You can also download the form and fill it in advance to save your time at arrival airport.
Where can I get this on arrival form?
An entry and exit form NA1 can be handed out to you either on the airplane or at arrival airport. However, you can save time by downloading it here and filling in advance
How to fill in this entry and exit form?
The new entry and exit form (NA1 form) can be filled as follows:
1. Full name: Must be written in capital and match your passport details. Eg: ANDREW RICHARD CROSTIE
2. Sex: Identical as shown in applicant’s passport, male or female
3. Date of birth: Same as shown in passport of applicant, write in DD/MM/YYYY format
4. Place of birth: Write both city and country name where you were born
5. Nationality at birth: Fill in your nationality at birth
6. Current nationality: Fill in your current nationality
7. Religion: Fill in your religion if have, and fill in “NONE” if you do not have
8. Occupation: You can leave it blank or fill it with your current occupation
9. Employer and business address: Up to your choice, may have it filled out or leave it blank
10. Permanent residential address: Your address and phone number in your country
11. Family members: Fill in the relationship, name, sex, date of birth, nationality and permanent residential address of your family member (parents, spouse, children and siblings, if any), even they do not travel with you. This information will not affect on your trip.
12. Passport or international travel document number: Currently, there are three kinds of passport: ordinary passport, diplomatic passport and official passport. And the first kind (ordinary passport) is the most popular.
13. Fill in the arrival date of previous entry into Vietnam (if any) or leave it blank
14. Intended date of entry: Fill in your planned arrival date and staying duration in Vietnam (you should base on the date and duration noted in your Vietnam visa approval letter)
15. Purpose of entry: Fill in entry purpose as stated in your visa approval letter
16. Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam (if any): You can fill in the address you plan to stay in Vietnam such as the hotel’s address or friend’s, relative’s address
17. Hosting organization/individual in Vietnam (if any): Fill in the name and address of your hosting organization/individual in Vietnam. If you do not have, you can note “NONE”
18. Accompanying child(ren) under 14 years old included in your passport (if any): Fill in name, sex, date of birth and glue two photos in 4×6 size of accompanying child(ren) under 14 years old included in your passport. If you do not have any or travel alone, you can leave it blank
19. Applying for a visa: Select single entry visa or multiple entry visa. Also fill in valid duration of visa as noted in your Vietnam visa approval letter
20. Other requests (if any): Fill in any request if you have
“Done at”: Fill in your port of arrival (usually, this is check-in point of Vietnam airport: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang or Nha Trang)
“On”: Fill in your date of arrival.